Affordable Housing is a key component of the work of the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development/Department of Planning and Development. The mission of the Bureau is to foster economic development and job growth within Cook County.
Our goal is to strategically leverage resources and provide efficient professional management in order to promote:
Sustainable community investment
Business growth, attraction, and retention
The major focus of our affordable housing program is in suburban Cook County.
Neighborhood Stabilization Program “NSP”
View our video on the NSP Program and some of the homes for sale:
Available Homes for Sale – updated Winter/Spring 2013* – Download PDF*
We have locations in Chicago Heights, Village of Dolton, City of Markham, Village of Richton Park, Village of Hazelcrest, Village of Park Forest, Village of Sauk Village Town of Cicero.
Recently, we took a tour of some of the NSP funded homes available in Chicago Heights.
- President Preckwinkle, elected officals and HUD Leadership Tour Chicago Heights Investments
- Click here to view video about NSP that features our Cicero homes.
- Click here to view photos of the Cicero homes, posted on Flickr.
- Contact us about affordable housing programs in suburban Cook County, IL.
- To find out more about the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development and the Department of Planning and Development, go to our website at: www.cookcountyil.gov/economicdevelopment
- Ribbon Cutting in Lynwood
- President Preckwinkle Cuts Ribbon on Affordable Housing in County Club Hills, Illinois
- For more information on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and their work in Illinois, go to their website at: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/illinois