- About Us
- Planning and Development
- Capital Planning and Policy
- Real Estate Management
- Building and Zoning
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Notices, Applications, Forms
The 49th Annual Illinois Small Business Week Luncheon took place on Thursday, June 14, as part of 2012 Small Business Week.
Small businesses are a vital part of our economy – whether it’s the national or state economy, Cook County or the City of Chicago. They are leading the way during our current economic times. As part of the program, it was explained that more than half of all private sector employees work at small businesses. Three out of every four new jobs created in this country are created by small businesses. The theme for this year: “Imagine Yourself…Working for Yourself.” The Keynote Speaker for the luncheon was Brian Tippens, Director, Global Procurement, Hewlett-Packard. Opening remarks were delivered by Dan Seals, Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, State of Illinois.
Cook County Toni Preckwinkle was one of the Honorary Co-Chairs.
Herman Brewer, Bureau Chief, Cook County Bureau of Economic Development was in attendance. Marion Batey, Public Information Officer for Cook County Works, also attended on behalf of the County.
- The Honorable Pat Quinn
- The Honorable Mark Kirk
- The Honorable Bobby Rush
- The Honorable Joe Walsh
- The Honorable Toni Preckwinkle
- Glen F. Tilton, JP Morgan Chase and Company
- The Honorable Richard J. Durbin, United States Senator
- The Honorable Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago
- The Honorable Michael J. Madigan, Speaker of the House
- Gloria Castillo Chicago United
- John Chikow Greater North Michigan Avenue Association
- Omar Duque Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Furlong BMO Harris Bank, N.A.
- Joseph Gregoire PNC Bank
- Sheila Hill-Morgan Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
- Tom Huffman Wintrust SBA Lending
- Shalom Klein Jewish B2B Network
- Lewis Matuszewich Economic Development Council
- Ralph G. Moore Alliance of Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- Hedy Ratner Women’s Business Development Center
- Gerald Roper Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- David Snyder Crain’s Chicago Business
- Larry Wert NBC 5 Chicago
- Diane Williams Safer Foundation
- Rev. William S. Winston Living Word Christian Center
- Gail Zelitzky NAWBO
For more information about this event, their corporate partners and details on starting a small business in Illinois, please go to the Illinois Small Business Development Center.
Contact UsCook County Bureau of Economic Development
69 W. Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
312-603-1077 or 1000 (o)
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov
Scan the QR Code with your smartphone for a map and directions.
Click here to reserve discounted parking from Spothero.com, a winner of the "Apps for Metro Chicago" Open Data application contest.