- Notices, Applications, Forms
- Regional Collaboration
Project Underway in Oak Park for Affordable Housing
The Interfaith Housing Development Corporation, along with the Village of Oak Park, and the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development gathered with others in the community to start the rehabilitation of 820-832 West Madison, Oak Park to affordable housing. Formerly used for industrial purposes, the Village of Oak Park approved the required zoning for this transition to occur . The project received a $2,000,000 HOME loan coordinated through the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development. 100% of tenants will earn at or below 50% of the area median income (AMI). All units will be accessible to persons with disabilities.
Additional components of this project are:
• Adaptive reuse of a commercial structure that has been vacant since 2008 promoting neighborhood stabilization
• Project will incorporate green features and is a candidate for LEED certification
• Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago will provide an array of valuable supportive services furthering household stability
• Project is receiving project-based vouchers for several units via the Oak Park Housing Authority
• The Oak Park Residence Corporation will provide property management services
Construction completion is scheduled for fall of 2013. For more information about the Interfaith Housing Development Corporation, go to their website at: http://www.ihdc.org/
To learn more about Cook County’s proactive approach to economic development, please go to our website/blog at www.cookcountyil.gov/economicdevelopment
Contact UsCook County Bureau of Economic Development
69 W. Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
312-603-1077 or 1000 (o)
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov
Scan the QR Code with your smartphone for a map and directions.
Click here to reserve discounted parking from Spothero.com, a winner of the "Apps for Metro Chicago" Open Data application contest.