- Bureau Initiatives
- Regional Collaboration
CDBG and ESG Application
Our next application cycle will open in early 2016. Below is information from 2015.
2015 CDBG and ESG Applications
The applications and related materials for the 2015 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) applications are posted below.
****If you are having difficulty downloading the documents, please scroll to our directions at the bottom of this link.
Application workshops will be held on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015, at 118 North Clark, Chicago, IL, on the 4th Floor (note that this is a different building than prior years). Attending a workshop is not mandatory. The workshop times are as follows:
• CDBG Public Service and ESG workshop: 9:00am to 11:30am
• CDBG Capital Improvement, Demolition and Economic Development workshop: 1:00pm to 3:30pm
The CDBG and ESG applications will be due Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 4:00pm.
New for this year: In addition to a hard copy of all application materials, please submit an electronic copy of the application PDF (as well as any additional pages used to answer application questions). Please see the applications and application guides for submission details. The County email server can accept files up to 10 megabytes. If your file is larger, feel free to use a file sharing service like Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com) and provide us with a link to your file.
Please use real signatures on your final application which is submitted to us. Digital signatures are not currently accepted.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has updated the low and moderate income data related to the CDBG program. Cook County’s area benefit income threshold exception has increased slightly to 50.3% (in prior years, it was 49.2%). You can find the updated income data at the links below.
Low and Moderate Income Data Overview: https://www.hudexchange.info/manage-a-program/acs-low-mod-summary-data/
Direct Link to State-by-State Income Data: https://www.hudexchange.info/manage-a-program/acs-low-mod-summary-data-summarized-block-groups/
Planning for Progress – consolidated plan for 2015 through 2019
Please note that a resolution in support of your application will be required this year as in past years. However, the two municipal public hearings are no longer required for CDBG applications.
****Steps to downloading and using the fillable forms:
(1) Please do not fill out forms in your browser. In order to use the fillable forms, you must have Adobe 9.0 Reader or above on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader 9.0 or above, please go to the link http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and download the latest version of Adobe Reader onto your computer for FREE.
(2) Download the blank application forms (or forms) to your computer and open in your Adobe Reader 9.0 or above.
(3) Fill out your application form (or forms).
(4) Once you are done filling out your forms, please use the SAVE AS feature and save the completed form with the new name and keep your electronic copy on your computer. (In order to save the completed pdf, it must have a different name than the name of the blank pdf you downloaded from us).
(5) Keep your electronic copy of each application form and print the required paper copies. Obtain the required signatures and photocopy your final applications with signatures for your records. Please remember to use real signatures on your final application which is submitted to us. Digital signatures are not currently accepted.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 603-1048.