- Our Tools
- TIF Information
- Municipalities and Maps
- Doing Business
- Cook County Property Portal
- Business Incentives
- Cook County Census Data
- Building and Zoning in Cook County
- Elected Officials
- Environmental Permits
- Notices, Applications, Forms
2015 CDBG and ESG Applications
The 2015 CDBG and ESG applications will be posted in early February. Applications will be due in mid-March.
Application workshops will be held on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015, at 118 North Clark, Chicago, IL, on the 4th Floor (note that this is a different building than prior years). The workshop times are as follows:
• CDBG Public Service and ESG workshop: 9:00am to 11:30am
• CDBG Capital Improvement, Demolition and Economic Development workshop: 1:00pm to 3:30pm
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has updated the low and moderate income data related to the CDBG program. Cook County’s area benefit income threshold exception has increased slightly to 50.3% (in prior years, it was 49.2%). You can find the updated income data at the links below.
Low and Moderate Income Data Overview: https://www.hudexchange.info/manage-a-program/acs-low-mod-summary-data/
Direct Link to State-by-State Income Data: https://www.hudexchange.info/manage-a-program/acs-low-mod-summary-data-summarized-block-groups/
Until the 2015 applications are posted, you may reference the 2014 application information below. The 2015 applications will be similar to last year.
2014 CDBG and ESG Applications
The applications and related materials for the 2014 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) applications can be found below. ****If you are having difficulty downloading the documents, please scroll to our directions at the bottom of this link:
Columns M and N contain the census tract and block group information. Columns
P and Q contain low/moderate income population data, and column R has the low/mod
percentage. You can find more information about this census data
The CDBG and ESG applications will be due Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 4:00pm.
Please use real signatures on your final application which is submitted to us. Digital signatures are not currently accepted.
Please note that a resolution in support of your application will be required this year as in past years. However, the two municipal public hearings are no longer required for CDBG applications.
****Steps to downloading and using the fillable forms:
(1) Please do not fill out forms in your browser. In order to use the fillable forms, you must have Adobe 9.0 Reader or above on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader 9.0 or above, please go to the link http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and download the latest version of Adobe Reader onto your computer for FREE.
(2) Download the blank application forms (or forms) to your computer and open in your Adobe Reader 9.0 or above.
(3) Fill out your application form (or forms).
(4) Once you are done filling out your forms, please use the SAVE AS feature and save the completed form with the new name and keep your electronic copy on your computer. (In order to save the completed pdf, it must have a different name than the name of the blank pdf you downloaded from us).
(5) Keep your electronic copy of each application form and print the required paper copies. Obtain the required signatures and photocopy your final applications with signatures for your records. Please remember to use real signatures on your final application which is submitted to us. Digital signatures are not currently accepted.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or (312) 603-1048.