- About Us
- Planning and Development
- Capital Planning and Policy
- Real Estate Management
- Building and Zoning
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Notices, Applications, Forms
Financial Incentives for Business
Cook County Assessor
The Cook County Assessor’s Office has a number of property-based financial incentives for real estate or developers. Click here for more information about these and other incentives:
- Class C Application —The Class C classification is designed to encourage industrial and commercial development throughout Cook County by offering a real estate tax incentive for the remediation of contaminated properties including abandoned property or vacant land. Such remediation will improve the health and safety of the County’s residents and may result in an increase of the County’s tax base and employment opportunities.
- Class S Application—The goal of Class S is to preserve project-based Section 8 multifamily rental housing so as to retain the stock of decent, safe and affordable housing for low- and moderate-income households in Cook County.
- Class L Application–Class L refers to the designation of real estate for preservation and landmarking status
- Open Space Land Eligibility Bulletin -Land that is used for open space purposes and has been used for open space purposes for the 3 years immediately preceding.
- 2012 Triennial Affidavit for Incentive Properties – As the owner of Class L, 6, 7 or 8 property, you are now required to file specific information with Cook County Assessor’s Office. This form provides further details.
Please refer to the Cook County Assessor’s website for the most up-to-date property incentive information.
Cook County Department of Contract Compliance
Contract Compliance is where minority, women and veterans can learn how to start a business, as well as the gateway to doing business with Cook County, the City of Chicago, the Chicago Public Schools, and the State of Illinois. Click here or on the link below for more information about the following incentives:
Contact UsCook County Bureau of Economic Development
69 W. Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
312-603-1077 or 1000 (o)
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov
Scan the QR Code with your smartphone for a map and directions.
Click here to reserve discounted parking from Spothero.com, a winner of the "Apps for Metro Chicago" Open Data application contest.