- Notices, Applications, Forms
- Regional Collaboration
Top Reasons to Start, Move or Expand Your Business in Cook County
- Lowering the sales tax to be more competitive throughout the region.
- Providing incentives that allow local business to start, expand or hire new workers right here in Cook County.
- Leveraging grant dollars effectively to help fund projects that create jobs and revitalize communities.
- Bringing municipalties together to find solutions that benefit all Cook County residents.
- Second largest county in the United States and home to 132 diverse municipalities.
- Regional hub for major sources of transportation – air, cargo, rail and truck. Home to O’Hare International Airport
- The County is an active partner and investor in building a 21st Century Broadband Structure – the Chicago Southland Fiber Network (CSFN)
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership is developing a workforce for today’ jobs.
- Offers an endless array of sports, cultural, and recreational venues.
- Home to some of the major universities and medical centers in the country.
- Our population reached 5,194,675 reported by 2010 Census data.
- Has a vibrant tourist industry.
- According to the 2010 Census, more than 1/3rd of Cook County residents have at least a college degree; up from just 25% in 1980
- Cook County leads the 7-county region in the growth of management, professional and related occupations (2010 Census)
Contact UsCook County Bureau of Economic Development
69 W. Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
312-603-1077 or 1000 (o)
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov
Scan the QR Code with your smartphone for a map and directions.
Click here to reserve discounted parking from Spothero.com, a winner of the "Apps for Metro Chicago" Open Data application contest.